The department of Zoology is established in 1991 with Zoology at F.Y.B.Sc. Level. T.Y.B.Sc. with the special subject Zoology has started from June 2014. The department has a well equipped and spacious laboratory with various biological equipments sponsored by DST-FIST ,museum specimens, project models, clay models, educational models prepared by students and faculty. Faculty of the department takes efforts to impart quality and value based education therefore the overall strength of the students in the subject Zoology is increasing day by day. The department makes active contribution in organizing the national / state level seminars/ conferences. It also organizes several departmental activities throughout the year to encourage the students for health awareness, social awareness, and environmental awareness as well as for basic research helpful in their advanced studies. Department conducts a short term course i.e. Tool and Techniques in life sciences under Karmaveer Vidya Prabodhini for assistance in self employment of students.
Department Profile - Brochure
|Year of establishment
||Name of the HoD
||Number of faculty
||Dr. Pawar S.L.
||04 (Full Time)
||1 computer 1 scanner-cum-printer
||3 LCD Projectors
||Name of Faculty
||Dr. Pawar S.L.
||Head and Asst. Prof.
||Dr. Gugale P.R.
||M.Sc.,Ph.D., B.Ed., D.M.L.T.
||Miss. Deokar P.V.
||Miss. Devdhe G.R.
||M.Sc. NET, SET
- Research projects under Rayat INSPIRE Programme .
- Zoology based research presentations and models under Avishkar programme
Four students have participated under the guidance of faculty members with their two projects in S.P.Pune university’s AVISHKAR competition held at Ahmednagar college on 17th December 2016.
SYBSc & TYBSc students exhibited their projects in AVISHKAR competition at Ahmednagar college.
- Poster Presentations
- Field visits
Visit to water purification plant of Ahmednagar municipal corporation at Vilad for TYBSc students.
Visit by TYBSc students along with faculty members to Satyam pathological laboratory of Dr.H.B. Kathuria at Tarakpur to study pathological practices
Biodiversity spot visit .
Consultancy practices in vermicomposting.
Molluscan shells collection.
Provision of learning material through E- sources like email and WhatsAPP.
- Online Rayat Knowledge Bank
- E-book Bank
- Old Question Paper Bank
- Remedial Teaching
- Counselling Centre
||Number of resources
Research, Publications and Academic Contributions
- To create interest in students about scientific study of animals, diversity of animals and their importance in human life.
- To understand the natural world of animals & their relationship with the nature.
- To apply the subject knowledge in our day to day life.
- To make awareness in students about applied aspects of zoology for improving the rural economy & the health of the nature.
- To make the students animal friendly & too aware the students to protect and conserve the environment.
- To take initiatives for self employment of students having rural background.
- To make the students competent with the new emerging branches of Zoology.
- To make the students self sufficient through applications of Zoology.
- To develop scientific & research attitude of students in Zoology.
Toppers of the departments:
||Year of passing
||Bhosale Renuka A.
||Aware Savitri D.
||Kadam Monika B.
||Tarate Anita B.